Wednesday, August 31, 2011

1 Year



A year ago today, Aaron and I were boarding a plane to Berlin, Germany! I never could have dreamed that I, Nicole, would ever live in another country and here I am today saying that I have lived in another country for a whole year! Still can't believe that the first year is over.

It's hard to describe what it is like to live in another country until you have actually done it. The last year has been one of incredible adventure, challenge, life lessons, laughter, tears, plenty of growing & stretching, laughter and more laughter, amongst many other things. What a ride it has been!

I was thinking about what all I have learned in this first year of living overseas, and the thing that stands out the most in my mind is how big our God is! I remember a song that I used to sing as a little girl, "Jesus Loves the Little Children"...

Jesus loves the little children,
All the children of the world.
Red and yellow, black and white,
They are precious in His sight,
Jesus loves the little children of the world.

I never really realized how many "little children" there are in the world and how many different languages there are. Then, to think that Jesus created our innermost being, knows the exact number of hairs on our head, knows ALL of our names and ALL of our languages! I don't know about you, but that is unfathomable to me! What a Big & Mighty God we serve!

We took the summer off from blogging, obviously, but we the next few blogs will be sharing a little bit about what we were up to this summer! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment