Thursday, February 24, 2011

Catching Up

Ok, I (Nicole), am going to get better at blogging! Let’s get you caught up since our last blog...

First of all, I would just like to say that Aaron was a champ while healing from his wisdom teeth surgery. All I can say is that there is no way that I could have done it with just 400mg of Ibuprofen. That is what I take for a headache, and sometimes it doesn’t even help. As his nurse, I can say that he was a great patient!

Another fun thing that happened in the last couple of weeks, is that we took our first vacation (besides our honeymoon) over Valentine's Weekend and went to Athens, Greece. Here are a few pictures from our trip (you can find more pics on our Facebook pages)...







The day after we returned from our vacation, we jumped right into our German language courses.

Aaron took classes previously, so he is in a more advanced class than yours truly! I am starting from the beginning and am really enjoying it! I am so glad that I waited to start language courses until now, it is not as overwhelming as it would have been in the fall. There are still some words that sound SO foreign to me, but not as many as there would have been when I first got here. Maybe I will take my flip camera to class someday and post the footage so you can experience what it is that Aaron and I are doing 4 days a week, 16 hours a week! I may just do that.

Last but definitely not least, we celebrated Aaron’s 29th birthday yesterday! We actually started the celebration on Saturday by going to an Alba basketball game (the professional basketball team here in Berlin). Then yesterday, on his actual birthday, we went to the Historical Museum to see the first ever Hitler exhibit. I can't tell you how strange it was to be realize once again that we are living in the same city where these major historical events took place. To top the day off, we had dinner at our favorite Greek restaurant! I think he would say that all in all it was a good birthday, but you will have to ask him for yourself.

Well, I need to get some of my German homework done, but I will blog next week! My goal is to blog every Wednesday (my day-off from German class).

PS - Don’t forget you can keep in touch with us via Facebook and Twitter also.

No comments:

Post a Comment